Project Architect – BDG Architects, Hollywood Florida
BDG Architects has an immediate need for a qualified candidate with a minimum of 7 years of experience and licensed to practice architecture in the State of Florida to lead the Hollywood Florida office of BDG Architects. The applicant will need to be proficient in the following:
• Be responsible for project management to ensure projects are completed on time, are within budget, are of high quality, and fulfill client expectations.
• Maintain communication with the project team, the Principal-In-Charge and operations management.
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards.
• Coordinate project budgets and schedules.
• Assist in preparation of fee proposals and agreements with the owner and consultants.
• Manage and oversee work of project team and provide direction and organization.
• Ensure project delivery and quality from programming through project closeout.
• Coordinate monthly billing with accounting department.
• Maintain budget spreadsheets for projects.
• Oversee the architectural studio and office management of the Hollywood Florida office.
• Act as primary client contact when required; establish and maintain client contacts.
• Ensure client development and satisfaction and secure ongoing work.
• Assist in the identification of new projects, implementation of effective strategic plans to win these projects, and the development of proposals.
• Schedule, oversee and manage staff workload for the architectural studio.
• Supervise and support design staff, conduct reviews and assist in establishing training activities.
• Maintain and document revenue projections and projected Architectural Studio performance.
• Manage and assist with work on all phases of various architectural projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings.
• Serve as a Quality Assurance designee on all Hollywood office projects.
• Review production drawings and specifications.
• Plan, coordinate and administer projects from the initial programming stages through project closeout.
In addition to visual technical skills, the applicant must possess excellent verbal and written skills, with fluency in English and Spanish preferred, along with strong organizational and time management capability, and excel in collaboration and team building. Strategic thinking to address issues and new concepts in design, production of documents, and development of detailing is required with a demonstrated ability to work on, and manage, multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, substantial project experience in the South Florida/Miami area and knowledge of the South Florida/Miami area marketplace is a mandatory attribute of the candidates that will be considered.
The applicant must be proficient in software applications including AutoCAD Architecture, Revit Architecture, Sketch-Up, and MS Office. Knowledge and proficiency with other drawing software is a plus.
BDG Architects (www.bdgllp.com) is a full service architecture and design firm headquartered in Tampa, Florida with offices in Hollywood, Florida and Birmingham Alabama with over 20 years of experience throughout the United States. We have built our reputation as being on the leading edge of our industry through design excellence, building lasting relationships, and delivering high value to our clients. BDG understands that each client has a unique set of business strategies, which we focus our services to support, creating a true partnership. Our projects are extremely diverse in terms of project type, design styles, practice areas, and scale. Additional information about the firm can be found at www.BDGLLP.com.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to Mickey Jacob, FAIA at Mickey.Jacob@BDGLLP.com